Because every move is a momentous undertaking, Acclaimed Movers has put together a smattering of tips to help make the entire process a little easier. Acclaimed Movers is the nation’s premier, residential and commercial moving company, performing thousands of moves each year. The list, a compilation that results out of our years of experience in the moving industry, is intended to kick-start your mind and should answer some of your general questions. This list will not help with the heavy lifting, but it will save you time and money in the long run. Here are the five major tips:
- Begin planning and preparations for your relocation at least 8 weeks in advance. This is the standard bench mark, and you can leave yourself more or less time, but in most cases eight weeks is ample time. You’re allotting yourself this much time, because you have a lot to take care of, and even with eight weeks you will need to use your time wisely.
- Gather supplies yourself to save money on the total cost. Moving companies are happy to provide materials, because they charge you for every bit that you end up using. The best way to save yourself time and money is to gather the necessary materials on your own. Work with the movers to get a firm understanding of what you will need to gather.
- Proper packing is an essential. Most people overlook how valuable and important proper packing is to a move. It ensures that your belongings arrive in the condition they left in, and not in a million pieces. The key to packing is to fill the space, but if you’re not experienced you should allow your moving company to take care of it for you.
- Get as many moving quotes as possible. It’s hard to differentiate the many moving companies available to you, but the moving quote will give you a good idea of which companies are reputable and which ones aren’t. An offer that’s too low probably belongs to a rogue mover, while an offer that’s too high should be avoided. Use the estimates to find the services you need at a rate that fits your budget.
- Hire a reputable professional moving company. Every move is different, but one constant remains, stress. To ease the stress, and to remove the burden of having to handle the heavy lifting, hire a great professional moving company. They will have the tools and experience to take over, allowing you to turn your focus to the things that matter most.
- As you begin thinking about your next relocation, take into account these moving tips and you’ll find the process is much less stressful than you imagined. Additionally, be sure to contact Acclaimed Movers over-the-phone or through the internet for a free, no-obligation quote. We have the industry’s best movers and equipment, fully comprehensive services, and have earned an “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau. When you’re ready to relocate, we’ll get you moving.