4 years, 8 months ago
In today’s economy, the call for cheap moving services is on the rise. However, the most important thing about finding a cheap mover is making sure that you’re cutting the cost without cutting corners to ensure a safe and efficient experience. You want a company that cares about your belongings as much as you do, and that means doing the research to find the company with the happiest customers but also one that won’t put a huge dent in your bank account. This starts with figuring out which services you’ll require for your move as well as the ways you can cut the cost without damaging the satisfaction of your moving experience.
Cheap Moving Services | What To Cut
It’s important to know how to cut the cost of moving without losing the quality of your experience. There are a few simple steps you can take to help lessen the dent a move can make in your bank account.
- The first thing you should know about moving is that, like with theme parks and tropical vacations, there is a peak moving season. Studies show that most people move during the summer. The least expensive time to move is between the months of October and April, which means that scheduling a move during this time rather than during the summer could help cut the cost of your move.
- Another easy way to cut the cost of your move is to reduce the amount of belongings you have. Furniture that doesn’t get used, books that no longer get read, old clothes, and so on, this is the time to get rid of them. Since they’re things that already don’t get used, if you choose to move during the fall, winter, or spring but want to have your garage or yard sale during the peak season of summer, you can sell and donate these things in the summer even if your move is months away.
- If you’re making a work-related move, check with the IRS for moving expense-related tax breaks that you may be eligible for.
Cheap Moving Services | What To Keep
To ensure that you don’t sacrifice quality for price, as can sometimes be tempting when faced with a low quote from a moving company, here are some things that you should never sacrifice for money’s sake. Because moving can be one of the most stressful experiences in a person’s life, making sure that you’ve chosen the correct company that will help keep your blood pressure down is important. So here’s what you should expect from a reputable, trustworthy, professional moving company:
- They should provide a supportive, helpful staff available for any and all questions you may have regarding your move. Whether it’s your first move or your fifth, every move is different, and that leaves room for a lot of questions to arise. You want to find a company with a knowledgeable staff that is available to answer any inquiries you may have regarding your move.
- To make sure your belongings will arrive at their destination safely, you want to make sure that the company has professional, experienced movers trained in-house in the art of packing and wrapping, as well as the disassembly and reassembly of furniture. If you have high-end furniture such as pianos and pool tables, make sure the company you choose is trained to handle these items and has the proper equipment to transport them.
- If you’re moving long-distance and need your car transported for you, you’ll want to find a company that offers auto-transport for your vehicle. Likewise, if you require storage because you’re moving locally or believe you’ll be returning, you need a company that offers storage that is both monitored 24/7 and climate-controlled to keep your belongings in the condition you left them.
- Every company should have well-maintained vehicles and GPS units to keep your belongings safe and your move efficient. This will help eliminate the waiting game, because your movers will know the exact moment they’ll be arriving at your new front door.
Cheap Moving Services | Choosing Acclaimed
For over a decade, Acclaimed Movers has been in the business of affordable, luxury moving services, ranging from everything from local to international, residential to commercial. They provide an experienced, professional, and knowledgeable staff and movers trained in-house in packing and wrapping, as well as the handling of high-end furniture. They supply a climate-controlled, security monitored storage facility to ensure the safety of your belongings, as well as auto-transport and a “green” line of fifty-foot trucks equipped with GPS units. Call Acclaimed today for a free, no-obligation quote and find out the cheap moving services they can provide for you.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook