3 years, 11 months ago
As with any big change you’ll make in your life, moving always boil down to the questions you have to ask yourself at the very start. Similar to a wedding, when you have to decide how many guests you’ll invite and what food you’d like served, when you plan a move, it’s important to take the right steps in figuring out what you need so that you can choose the best movers for you. This includes figuring out your budget, the services you require, and what company will offer the best service.
Best Movers | Deciding What You Need
Deciding on the company you need starts with figuring out what’s offered. Do you feel like packing up your house? Are you moving across the country? Are you confident your car won’t break down halfway through New Mexico and leave you stranded in the desert? These are the things you must consider when perusing the services a moving company provides. Once you make a list of what you need and decide what you’re willing to spend, it’ll make the choosing process less difficult.
After that, ask yourself these questions:
- Roughly how much do you have to move? What is the size of your house now? Catalogue your big pieces of furniture, and estimate how many boxes you’ll need. A moving company will send someone on-site to see your home and your belongings to give a better estimate, but for the quick quote, it’s best to have as accurate an idea as possible of what you own and what’s being moved, as well as where you’re moving to, be it down the road or across the country.
- Are you moving long distance or internationally? If so, make sure you’ve narrowed your search down to companies that do more than just local moves.
- Do you want your house packed up for you? If so, you’ll want to find a company that offers a packing service. You’ll also want to make sure that they provide an in-house training program for their employees. Make sure your movers practice on their breakables—not yours. Ask what kind of packing materials they use. Are the materials bleach-free? Acid-free? Also make sure you know whether or not the materials—from packing pads to heavy-duty boxes—come at an extra price. (Additionally, if you decide to forgo a packing service and pack your house yourself, Acclaimed Movers offers a little advice in its article on the Top 10 Packing Tips.)
- Will you require storage? If you’re planning on returning to the area, or if you’re not leaving the area at all and merely feel like downsizing, you’ll want to find out if a company has their own storage facility. Do they provide security for the storage area? Do you need climate-controlled storage? Climate-controlled storage ensures that your possessions will remain in the condition you left them, be it priceless art or vintage wine.
- Do you need auto-transport? If you’ve got an old car, or maybe more cars than you know what to do with, or simply don’t feel like driving your car at all, make sure to find a moving company that offers auto-transport. You’ll want a mover that will handle your car with care.
Best Movers | Compare Quotes and Read Reviews
Many people learn the hard way that the cheapest movers aren’t always the best movers. If you’re moving on a budget, you’ll want to compare the quotes you’re provided but also check company reviews to make sure that you’ve picked a reputable mover. The best way to avoid becoming a moving horror story is by finding a quality company that fits your budget.
Best Movers | Making Acclaimed Your Choice
For over a decade, Acclaimed Movers and Storage has been the quality choice for customers, be it a business or a family, long distance or local. Acclaimed Movers understands that their clients’ possessions are important, and they are a company dedicated to getting everything to a destination safely and efficiently. They offer only the best in the above services covered, from in-house packer training and affordable moving to secure, on-site, climate-controlled storage and auto-transport. Not only do they deliver a luxury moving service, but they also provide GPS unites in their eco-friendly “green” trucks for the move itself. They offer a free, no-obligation moving quote, so call Acclaimed Movers today to find out why they’re the best movers for you.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook