5 years, 3 months ago
Getting ready to make a move can be stressful, but reducing the stress starts with knowing the steps to take before your move. This means knowing what to ask and what to look for from a moving company, as well as the steps to take before the move itself, such as changing your address, making a moving checklist, and booking any travel arrangements.
Things to Do When Moving | Steps to Take
After choosing your new home, the first step to take is picking a date to move. This means that no less than two months before your move, you should be researching moving companies and comparing quotes.
- Start with the research. Check both the DOT and FMCSA websites to ensure that the companies you’re considering are licensed and insured to perform your move. Also look into the MovingAuthority.com website to make certain that each company has a good rating and meets MovingAuthority.com standards. We encourage you to visit MovingAuthority.com to compare and contrast the best moving companies available in the United States.
- When getting your quote, confirm that the services you will require are offered under the umbrella of the quote you’re provided. Also make sure to look into any and all possible additional fees, such as for packing materials, distance from front door to truck, and stairs. You don’t want any surprise costs at the end of your move.
- To make sure you’ll be paying the lowest amount possible to move your belongings, hold a yard or garage sale to reduce the amount of items being moved. You can put the money you make toward the moving costs, and anything that you don’t sell can be donated for a tax break. Also look into the IRS moving expenses information to see if you qualify for a tax break on your move itself if you’re making a work-related move.
- Look into customer reviews to find the company with the best reputation within your budget that can also offer all of the services you will require for your move, be it local or long distance. Make sure you choose a company that not only excels in customer service but also performs outstanding service recovery. It’s important to find a company that is experienced and knowledgeable in the art of moving so that any problems that arise will be handled accordingly to minimize stress.
- Finding the right company also means finding a company that can handle your move. If you require storage, auto-transport, or the transportation of high-end furniture, make sure you’ve found a company that can offer these things. You’ll need 100% secure, climate-controlled storage, and a company trained and experienced in auto-transport and equipped to handle high-end furniture.
- Change your address with the United States Postal Service, and update your bank, magazine subscriptions, newspaper, etc. to ensure that all of your mail is sent to the correct address after the mail forwarding period expires.
- If you’re making a long-distance move, make any travel arrangements you may need to get to your new destination. To decide if you’ll require auto-transport, do a rough estimate of how much you’ll spend on gas and overnight stays on your trip and compare this amount to the amount for auto-transport and airfare to see which will cost less in the long run.
Things to Do When Moving | Choosing Acclaimed
Acclaimed Movers has been in the business of luxury moving, local and long-distance, residential and commercial, for the better part of a decade. Their trucks are fifty-feet long and eco-friendly, operating on bio-diesel fuel to help reduce the company’s carbon footprint. Each truck is also equipped with GPS units to help maintain efficiency during your move and eliminate that last day waiting game. Their staff is trained in-house in wrapping and packing, and are knowledgeable and experienced in the art of moving. They’re available to answer any questions you may have regarding your move, from the steps you should take before the move to any problems that arise during or after the move. They offer a free, no-obligation quote, so call Acclaimed Movers today and let them help you have a top quality, stress-free moving experience.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook