4 years, 8 months ago
Los Angeles, also known as the City of Angels, is the second most populous city in the United States. The city is home to the epicenter of the entertainment industry, Hollywood, as well as, beautiful beaches, affluent neighborhoods, and exciting night life. Los Angeles is a great place to live or work, and is truly the heart and soul of California. Because it’s such a vast, sprawling city, moving is a difficult prospect. Having the right professional movers in Los Angeles makes all the difference, but how do you decide which Los Angeles movers are right for you? Here are a few things to look for that should help you make an educated decision:
Professional Movers in Los Angeles
As you prepare to move to, or around Los Angeles, it’s important to understand what a move of that nature entails. Los Angeles is a heavily populated city whose growth was exponential and almost unexpected. Meaning the city was not master-planned and roadways can get quite chaotic. There is heavy traffic at nearly all times of the day, which can cause serious delays for those that don’t know about the shortcuts and service roads that weave through the city. Hiring professional movers in Los Angeles allows you to get someone who understands the roadways, and how to circumvent the nasty traffic. They’ll also be able to tell you when it’s the best time to move, and should know where parking will be available for a moving truck.
Los Angeles is an extremely eclectic city, with many different neighborhoods and housing styles. Custom architecture and historic homes are common throughout the city. It’s important to have movers that can work effectively in those spaces, protecting both the building and your furniture. Experienced professional movers in Los Angeles will understand the care and concern required. They will have equipment like lifts, dollies, and Masonite boards to ensure that your home is protected. Many of the sprawling, beautiful neighborhoods tucked in and around L.A. are built on hills. This means they have winding, narrow roads. Professional movers in Los Angeles will be able to get a moving truck through those congested roads and up to your home without issue. You’ll need a professional mover in Los Angeles to help you navigate the city, help you handle the style of home, and to help make your move an easy process.
What Services Should You Expect
- Guidance through the planning and preparations phase. A company moving consultant, who will be an expert on the moving industry, works with you every step of the way.
- A color-coded, labeled, and itemized inventory of all belongings being relocated. This inventory and label system keeps your move organized and prevents losses.
- Industrial strength boxes and materials can be provided for a small fee. A great company will also be able to train you on how to properly pack if you decide you want to do it yourself.
- A Full service moving team who will come and safely and efficiently pack up your home, which ensures that belongings are covered by the companies insurance.
- Your move being performed by professional, clean-cut, company men; they should not be day laborers, and should have years of experience in the moving industry.
- Transportation by trucks that belong to the company. They should proudly sport their logo and information for advertising purposes.
- Storage in a company owned storage facility. Reputable professional movers in Los Angeles have their own facilities for both long-term and short-term storage, priced at a reasonable rate.
How to Choose the Right Movers
There are hundreds of professional movers in Los Angeles, but they’re not all created equal. Choosing the right one takes research and a little bit of leg work. You’ll need to check out the company website; look for quality content, accuracy of listing information provided, and the ease with which you can access everything. If the company has links to Moving Authority, Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration, or Public Utilities Commission, that is a good sign that they are licensed, insured, and a serious professional. Bells and whistles are great, but if the site has crappy, or misleading information, ignore the flash and move on to the next one. After you’ve done the online research, be sure to follow up with phone calls to gauge the professionalism and helpfulness of the employees they have working each day. They should be happy to answer any and all questions. If they pass the phone test, take it one step farther and go visit their facilities in person. This will give you an even better idea of how they function on a day-to-day basis, and whether they are as good as their website suggests.
If they pass all of the above mentioned tests, then you should get a quote. Be sure to get quotes from multiple companies so you can compare and contrast. Do not choose a mover solely based on getting the lowest rate, as many rogue movers will estimate the costs very low, and then jack them up once they’re in possession of your stuff. At that point, you’re at their mercy, and will either have to pay, or try to take them to court. Choose the estimate that seems fair to you and the moving company, as they will have to cover the costs of fuel, labor, and materials provided. If you want truly great professional movers in Los Angeles, look into Acclaimed Movers and Storage, the premier, luxury, local moving company in the city.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook