4 years, 10 months ago
When you’re making a move that covers more than one hundred miles, and crosses state lines, then you’re making an interstate move. If you live in the most populous state in the nation and you’re making that type of move, then you need to find interstate movers in California. You’ve come to the right place, as this blog will provide some expert tips for how to find such movers. These tips come from experts, and personal experience, and will help you become a more informed consumer. If you’re considering taking the do-it-yourself approach, this blog won’t be of much help, but I recommend taking a second to think about using professionals. You can save yourself time and trouble by partnering with a great moving company, which is especially nice for stressful situations like interstate relocations.
Interstate Movers in California | How to Find Them
Below will be a quick guide to help you find the perfect interstate movers in California for your move. These are simple steps, but you will need time to get them done, so give yourself at least two months to prepare for the move. Also, always be diligent with your research to cover your own behind.
- Start online, and scour company websites for valuable information, like their licensing number, physical address, alternative contract information, and award information. If they don’t clearly display all of that information, that should be a red-flag. Once you have that information then you can…
- Verify all company information with the California Public Utilities Commission and the Department of Transportation. These are the regulating bodies that patrol the moving industry, and they will be able to confirm and verify licensing information, as well as, provide some background information on how the company operates.
- Now that you’ve found some legitimate companies, it’s time to get on-site estimates from at least three of them. This will allow you to find out what the market is like, and to get a variety of different rates. Make sure that you get on-site estimates, where an expert comes to your home or business, so that you get a binding, written moving quote price. Additionally, by gathering multiple estimates you may be able to start a bidding war for your move, which will get you the lowest price.
- After you’ve gotten on-site estimates, take a trip to the main hub for each company, to get a clear idea of how professional and organized their day to day operation is. You want them to be courteous, organized, and have the tools and ability to get the job done. They should be happy to have you, and if they don’t welcome you happily then that should be a red-flag.
- Now that you’ve researched the companies, verified their information and abilities, and gathered estimates, choose the interstate movers who offer the services you need at a rate that fits your budget. Remember, you will get what you pay for, so be careful if you’re trying to save money by going with cheap options.
Interstate Movers in California | Acclaimed Movers has them
Use your newly acquired knowledge of interstate movers in California to find the perfect company for you, or take my advice and start with a free, no-obligation quote from Acclaimed Movers. Why settle for anything less than a full-service, fully comprehensive, luxury moving company like Acclaimed? For more than ten years, they’ve provided moving solutions for all moving needs, and focus on making a lifelong customer out of each person that they help. Acclaimed has its own van lines, and they travel all across America, providing affordable, efficient interstate moving services. Additionally, Acclaimed provides assistance with logistics and planning, materials and packing, and of course labor and transportation. As a bonus, the company uses bio-diesel fuel in its trucks, recycled packing materials, and contracts and estimates that are printed on soy-based paper with soy ink. When you need interstate movers in California that you can trust to treat you right, you need Acclaimed Movers.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook