4 years, 10 months ago
It’s reported that there are over 3000 moving companies that are members of the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA) with professional records in residential and moving services. In such busy metropolitan places, how do you pick the right long distance movers in New York, or in any other place for that matter? The challenge is in knowing what to look for. Whether it’s a commercial or residential move, finding a reliable mover is the key to achieving a safe and efficient move. Special skills are especially needed for long distance moves. So start with the important information you need to consider to select a mover for your relocation.
Reliable Los Angeles Movers
A reliable moving company should possess many qualifications. When you hire a moving company, you should always do some research before inviting them over for an on site estimate or for a move. A reliable moving company should consist of the following;
- Professional moving companies are licensed and insured. This information proves their legitimacy should be made easily available to see via the business website and or on marketing materials.
- Find out how the moving company calculates charges. Local moves are usually based on an hourly rate. Long distance moves can be more challenging due special permits sometimes needed to cross state lines. Most companies will factor their rates by weight and distance. It’s important to inquire how rates are calculated. Depending on the parameters of your move, a calculation based more on distance than weight might provide a less expensive rate for you, or vice versa.
- A company that can provide both interstate moving and storage services will be useful, especially in long distance moves. If the new office or residence isn’t available by the time the shipment arrives hiring a long distance movers in New York that has the ability to safely store items overnight or for a period of time is an advantage to have.
- Should something arise that delays a move, it’s best to be aware of the moving companies cancellation policy. Avoid unnecessary charges where possible by finding out the details of the moving company’s cancellation policy.
- Moving companies are restricted from transporting certain items. Movers should make you aware of these restrictions prior to moving day so alternative arrangements can be made. In most cases, the movers can also provide information on how to handle such situations.
- Ask how claims for lost or damaged items are handled, and be sure insurance coverage and the claims process are put into writing.
- Start by comparing the address and phone number provided by the company with the address and phone number on the FMCSA website. If these match up, then you know you’re looking at the correct company, and you can check the date the company was established to ensure they are experienced in the moving industry. You can also check out the Moving Authority rating on movingauthority.com to see what prior customers thought of their moving experience.
- As is common in most business sectors, competition is tough and the same goes among professional moving companies. Keep in the mind the lowest quote is not always the best choice. You may pay more for services from a reputable moving company, but that could very well be because the service is more.
Acclaimed Reliable Movers
It's time to move and time to find a reliable mover. Acclaimed Movers and Storage is just the company you're looking for. With professional movers, highly trained staff, you'll receive the most accurate quote. Although, receiving multiple on site estimates is always the way to go. Look for a company that is reputable, who employs movers that are trained and you'll be on your way to a stress free journey to your new destination.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook