4 years, 10 months ago
Making a move out of state is a tremendous undertaking. As with any long distance move, there will be a lot of miles for you and your belongings to cover, and because you are crossing state lines, there may be unforeseen complications that arise. Hiring professional movers takes a lot of the guesswork (and just plain work) out of a big move like this—but it is paramount that any company you select is comprised of experienced and competent cross country movers.
Cross Country Movers | Unique Qualities
Long distance moving is generally defined as any move over 100 miles, and may occur within the same state or from one state to another. Cross country movers may perform in-state moves, but possess the knowledge and equipment to go the distance—be it from Portland to Seattle or San Francisco to Miami. Here are some things to look for as you evaluate cross country movers:
- Reputation- Plenty of moving companies claim to be experienced cross country movers. Many, however, simply are not. Reading reviews, ratings and testimonials is homework you can’t afford to skip, and will give you insight not only into the company’s capabilities across state lines, but also how good they are to work with. The Moving Authority is another place to check. You’re going to be covering a lot of pavement with any professional mover you hire; you want the experience to be a positive one.
- Licenses and accreditation-All professional moving companies need to be fully licensed and insured with the Department of Transportation (DOT). Get their DOT and Motor Carrier license numbers and then check with SaferSys.org, to verify. You can also use SaferSys.org to make sure the cross country movers you’re considering are adequately insured.
- Moving consultants-Full service cross country movers do more than just transport your household or business goods. They provide professional help every step of the way, which generally means a moving consultant. Your consultant will work with you to select dates for your move, recommend and obtain packaging materials, help you decide on your required truck size, arrange for professional packers, and generally assist with all aspects of planning and preparation. They will also stay in touch with you and keep you updated as your belongings make their way across the country. If any complications arise, your consultant is at your disposal.
- Industrial strength packing- Moving cross country requires more than a little bubble wrap. Industrial strength, exceptionally strong containers, packing tape, shrink wrap and blankets are the mainstay of cross country movers. Large or delicate items, antiques, artwork, electronics or anything that has an atypical size or requires special handling should be given their own custom crates to ensure safe hauling.
- Well-maintained vehicles- Interstate moving companies should be able to make an average residential or commercial move in one trip. Therefore, they need trucks large enough to contain the belongings of an entire household or office (including vehicles, large equipment and more). And because “long distance” is generally part of the deal, cross country movers’ fleets must be in exceptional shape to make the trip. Breakdowns are costly for everyone; new and well-maintained vehicles should make them highly unlikely.
- Storage-Reliable cross country movers should have adequate storage available for your items if the need arises. That means a fully functioning, up to date, climate controlled and 100% secure storage facility.
Cross Country Movers | Acclaimed Goes The Distance
Acclaimed Movers has been the top choice for customers looking for reliable cross country movers for several years, with good reason. Not only are they fully licensed and insured, with a “green” fleet of top-of-the-line 50+ foot long vehicles that operate on bio-diesel fuel. Acclaimed is also staffed by relocation experts who thoroughly understand every aspect of long distance moving, from paperwork to meticulous packing to transportation and even unpacking and reassembly—there’s no outsourcing to sub-contractors with Acclaimed! They even have a completely secure, climate-controlled storage facility designed to protect items from pests, mold and rust. This Los Angeles-based, full-service luxury moving operation has built their business on finding creative solutions to any moving situation. Best of all, they offer free, no-obligation estimates, so give one of Acclaimed Movers’ moving consultants today to discuss your cross country moving needs.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook